Black (bean) peppered rice and a hand crafted bag
This has got to be one of the “you-can’t-go-wrong” dishes. I put together a lunch like this when I cannot figure out what to cook. It has got its greens, the starch and its protiens. what more could one ask for?
After forgetting the material I bought for about 8 months, I finally got around to stitching my lunch bag. I must say I put good use to my valentines’ day present, my singer sewing machine. As usual, I botched up the job in two corners, while covering up the bottom for the bag. But then, what the heck, it is just me who is going to use it. Enjoy!
- Green peas – 1/4 cup
- Green beans – chopped 1/4 cup
- Green pepper – chopped 1/4 cup
- Black beans – one small can
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cooked Rice – 1 Cup
Putting it together
- In a pan put down some oil and throw in all the veggies and still fry them.
- Once they are satueed a bit, add in the salt and pepper and let it sweat it out
- Turn off the stove, add in the rice and mix in.
- If you have a spicer side, you can swap the black pepper for red chilly powder
- If you need a twang, squeeze a little lemon juice on top