Its Grill Time–Red Pepper Chutney / Thokku
Summer is almost over, but still the flowers are blooming. Hence I know I am not in to Fall season. At the start of Summer, we decided that we are finally going to buy a grill. I was double minded. I knew I wanted a grill but did not know if I would use it often to justify it. But I pushed off all thoughts and bought a Webex portable grill. This is easily the best culinary decision I have made in my life. I just love it. It is so simple to use that I am already Pro. First things first, I had always wanted to grill vegetables. Hence these photos. For a long, long time, I wanted to grill red pepper to perfection, just how they show on food network. I finally got a chance to try and its come out beautifully. Ok, enough talk. Let me share my Grill photos and you be the judge.
All Set to go.
My Beautiful Red Peppers
Red Pepper Chutney
- Grill the red pepers and cover them in a Ziplock while they are hot.
- Once they cool down, peel the skin of them
- Grind them to a paste
- In a pot, add some oil, red pepper puree, salt to taste, 2 tbsp chilli powder and 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- Cook until the sauce boils and store in a Mason jar
Squash and Zucchini
For Vegetable Marinade
- A Cup of Yogurt
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Soak them for 30 mins until the flavours are absorbed
- Before you throw them on the grill add salt