Roasted Veggie Pizza
I recently had this roasted veggie oven baked pizza from Bertucci’s. That was one of the best pizza I had ever tasted. An array of roasted vegetables topped with cheese, on a thin crust, beautifully sauced pizza.
My mouth waters as I write this. This was a weak attempt at recreating the same.
One surprising thing that we noticed is that, when you reheat this pizza after an overnight hangout in the fridge, the pizza comes out nice and soft and even more delicious!!
- Artichoke Hearts – 1 can
- Large Portabella Mushroom – 1
- Large Grilling Onions – 1
- Pillsbury Pizza Base – 1
- No Salt Added Diced tomatoes – 1 can
- Baby arugula blend – handful
- Jalapenos – 8 slices
- Olives – about 6 – sliced
- Salt to taste
- Crushed Pepper to taste
- Mozzarella cheese – ½ cup
- Parmesan cheese – ¼ cup
- Oil as required
Putting it togather
- In a pot, add some oil, tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook till soft
- Pre heat the oven to 400 deg
- Spread the pizza dough on to a greased baking plat and poke holes in it with a fork
- Bake the crust in the oven for 6 mins
- In a Grill / Pan, spray some oil, and add the artichokes, Mushroom, Onions. Do not mix them, let it sit in each corner of the pan
- Grill the veggies, till the veggies get a char on the bottom. The Mushroom will reduce to ¾ of the size and sizzle. Remove from fire
- Spread the tomato sauce on to the pizza base
- Add the Arugula blend on to the sauce. Build the toppings in this order, Artichokes, Jalapenos, Olivers, mushrooms, Onions, Mozzarella, Parmesan.
- Drop the temperature in the oven to 375 deg and bake the pizza for 8 to 10 min or till you get a good crust.
Follow instructions on the box for better results. These worked for me for a dark baking pan
Served here with a blend of Iced tea and lemonade