I love tomato soups. That sounds simple enough right? No. I love those creamy, decadent types that brings so much warmth to your heart. With it comes this uncomfortable amount of calories and fat, because of which I never used to make soups at home. Having it at restaurants once in a blue moon was luxury. This all changed one night, when I let my hubby make this soup. Two surprises, one, I let my hubby in to the kitchen to *GASP* cook. Second, I absolutely, head-over-heels loved it (not because he cooks bad, but I am just difficult to please). So I am, sharing my hubby’s recipe with you. Relish it to your heart’s content, because its vegan. Enjoy!
- 1 Big can of no-salt-added crushed tomato
- 1 small can of tomato sauce (this is optional)
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 1/2 packet of silken tofu
- 3 tsp of salt (or more per taste)
Putting it Together
- Put all the ingredients except the tofu in to a pot
- Boil for 20 min on medium until the soup is cooked
- Grind the tofu to a paste and add it to the soup. You can thin it out with water to your desired consistency (keep in mind you might need to add some salt extra)
- Garnish with some herbs of your choice
The flower pictured above are cilantro blossoms from my garden. They taste fantastic.